hits counter

chitika

Bidvertiser

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Price Action - The Best Forex Trading Technique

There are certainly a lot of traders searching for the best forex trading technique. If I could make a recommendation, it would definitely be price action. All you have to do is look at the some of the most famous technical traders in the history of trading. The vast majority of them used price action as their key technique.

I'm not saying they used the same exact method, because after all, price action means a lot of different things to a lot of different people. However, the common thread is that traders can use price movement to be able to predict the future direction of the market.

There are certainly other things involved, for instance fundamental analysis is another area that traders should know about. But when it comes to technical analysis, price action is critical.

Unfortunately, many traders don't really get this far. They are too busy tossing as many indicators as they can find onto their charts.
This is what happened to me when I first started trading the forex market. I must have tried every single indicator at one time or another. I tried the generic indicators like MACD, stochastics, RSI, moving averages, and I also tried those "state of the art" proprietary indicators. None of them worked.

If you were able to have success using these tools, then more power to you, because quite frankly, there aren't too many people that have.
This is when I started to realize that I was making this out to be more complicated than it had to be. All I really needed to understand the market was using price movement. When I was using indicators, it was like having an interpreter, interpret the markets for me. I realized that I would have to be the one to learn the language of the markets, and eliminate the middle man.

No comments:

Post a Comment